International RSD Foundation
"Dedicated To Helping RSD/CRPS Patients Worldwide"
New RSD Projects
This section of our website we will post information regarding any new RSD/CRPS projects that are being done in the RSD/CRPS community.
New CRPS Book Project
Dear Fellow RSD’ers:
Hello, I would like to inform you all that Dr. Alaa Abd-Elsayed and I are writing a new book regarding CRPS patient stories.
We would like to hear from anyone who would be interested in having their personal CRPS story published in our new book.
By having your CRPS story published it would help other CRPS patients cope with their pain, help educate the medical community, help educate patients, family members, and friends.
The following criteria are needed for your story:
- How did you develop your CRPS (trauma or surgery)?
- How long have you had CRPS?
- Type of surgeries you may have had. (Amputation, back surgery, carpal tunnel surgery, knee surgery, shoulder surgery, etc.…)
- What treatments have helped or not helped? (Please write about your treatments, therapies, opioids, procedures (nerve blocks, SCS, infusion pump, sympathectomy, psychological treatment, dates, and duration of treatments)
- How has CRPS changed your life? (For example, divorce, addiction, losing your job, becoming homeless, suicidal, etc.…)
- If you know of a CRPS patient who had committed suicide due to CRPS, we would like to get in touch with their family.
- Please feel free to add a few photos of your affected extremities.
- You can write as many pages of your story as you would like and please add a title for your story.
- The new deadline to submit your story is August 20, 2019.
- Please submit all stories in either a Microsoft word doc or pdf file.
If you are interested in having your story published or have questions regarding this book project please contact Eric Phillips by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (please put CRPS Book in the subject line) or by phone at 774-501-2808.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Dr. Alaa Abd-Elsayed and Eric M. Phillips